- 3 sheets of good quality puff pastry
- 1 bunch of baby beets- washed, peeled and cut in half and oven roasted till tender
- 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup of Crumbled Riverina Fetta
- Olive oil
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Place the defrosted pastry on to the bench; layer the three sheets on top of one another to create one thick sheet rather than 3 thin sheets. Use the base of the spring form tin to make a circle for the lid.
- In a sauce pan add the prepared baby beets, vinegar, thyme and sugar. Heat together and set aside to cool.
- Line a spring form tin with greaseproof paper; place the cooled beets in the base. Be mindful to have the flat edge of the beets facing down and this will be the presentation side.
- Drizzle over some of the residual pan juices as these will play a role in caramelizing the beets and giving you that shiny surface. Place on top your prepared pastry lid and push down to secure the beets and the pastry together.
- Cook until golden and the pastry is crisp.
- To serve place a dinner plate on top of the tin and quickly flip the tart over, release the spring and slide the tart off the base. Crumble the fetta over the top, drizzle some of the sauce and garnish with fresh thyme leave.