- 1 large sweet potato
- 80gm melted butter
- 1 tbs mango chutney
- 2 sheet of filo pastry
- 1 tbs coriander chopped
- 100g Crumbled Riverina Fetta
- 1 tbs Ricotta
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 160°C
- Wash and peel the sweet potato, cut into even pieces and cook on the stove top in a sauce pan until tender. Drain and mash until smooth, add the chopped coriander leaves, Cheese, mango chutney & season then mix until combined. Place this mixture into a piping bag with no nozzle and chill until ready to use.
- Get yourself a baking tray and line it with grease proof paper place two round handle wooden spoons on this tray, wrap these spoons in grease proof paper also, you can stick together with cooking spray- set aside.
- Take some filo pastry and lay it on the bench, using a pastry brush, brush the surface with the melted butter and stick the next sheet on top. Now slice the filo into 12cm x 8cm lengths. Wrap the length around the wooden spoon so you create a hollow cigar, secure the ends together with melted butter and place the join side down to avoid it unrolling during cooking.
- Keep an eye on them, cook until slightly golden 8-10 minutes with no fan.
- Once cooked remove the tray carefully from the oven as the cigars will be very fragile- Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled carefully remove the cigar from the spoon by sliding the pastry off one end- place in a dry container and continue the process until you have used all the pastry up.
- Warm the piping bag slightly in the microwave.
- Fill the cigars with the piping bag mixture and serve as finger food or entrée.