- 500g Fresh Lasagna Pasta Sheets
- 200g Fresh Broad bens - blanched and peeled
- 1 cup of blanched peas
- 1 bunch of Fresh Basil
- 250g Riverina Ricotta
- 250g Riverina Fresco - grated
- 1 handful of Mint leaves
- 150g Parmesan cheese - grated
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 250ml Cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C
- Grease an oven dish that is 20cm wide, 10cm deep and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl place the Ricotta, Fresco and Parmesan cheeses. Finely chop in the food processor the basil, mint, beans and the peas to form a smooth paste, add in the 2 eggs, salt and pepper and mix until combined. Combine both the cheese mixture and the pea mixture and set aside.
- Lay the pasta sheets out onto a flat surface, cut each roll about 15-20cm in length
- Evenly spread the bean and cheese mixture over the pasta sheet approx. 1cm thick, gently roll the pasta sheets up into individual tight bundles and slice evenly in half, place the rolls standing up in the oven dish like little soldiers, nice and tight.
- Pour over the cream ensuring that you get some into all the rolls and down to the base of the dish- you may need to gently move the rolls to allow the cream to drizzle into the required areas.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 35 minutes or until golden
- Scatter the zest of 1 lemon over the pasta rolls and grate fresh parmesan and these delicious pasta rolls are ready to serve