- 1 sweet potato
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- Tbs of chopped coriander leaves
- Tbs of chopped mint leaves
- ½ zucchini grated
- 100g Riverina Haloumi grated
- ½ carrot grated
- 2 tbs of honey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of ground coriander seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of Riverina Natural Yoghurt
- 1 tbs Tahini paste
- Peel and wash the sweet potato, cut into even pieces and put on the stove top in a sauce pan to boil until tender.
- Once tender, drain and place the sweet potato back into the sauce pan- place on the dry heat to remove any additional moisture in the pot. Once this is dry, mash the potato until smooth and place into a bowl.
- Mix together the prepared quinoa, sweet potato, grated haloumi, zucchini, carrot, spices and fresh herbs.
- Form into patties ready for frying- it is a handy tip to chill these prior to frying to ensure they are firm and do not break.
- To make the dressing mix the yoghurt, Tahini and season with Fresh lemon juice and salt & pepper
- Fry the cakes until golden, serve with dressed greens and the yoghurt sauce. A great weekend lunch