- 2 cups of Riverina Sweetened Yoghurt
- 1 bunch of Rhubarb
- 1 cinnamon quill
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tsp of rose water
- 1 star anise
- I length of orange peel
- 2 tbs of sugar
- Wash the rhubarb to remove any dirt or loose debris. Remove the leaves and discard, slice the rhubarb into 5cm lengths.
- In a sauce pan heat the water, rose water, orange, sugar and spices to produce a sugar stock. Gentle poach the lengths of rhubarb in the stock until tender- be careful not to over crowd the sauce pan or you will smash up the fruit.
- Once the fruit is poached, set aside to cool.
- Turn up the heat on the sugar stock and reduce and until you are happy with the flavor, color and viscosity.
- To serve spread the yoghurt over the base of a plate, create little wells so there is somewhere for the sauce to sit. Place on the rhubarb lengths and drizzle with the sugar syrup, top with fresh mint leave and serve with fruit bread or brioche as a delicious breakfast or dessert.